Fourth printing discussion thread

House rules and any other discussion of the Core Rules (if it's about S&W in general, it can go in General Discussion, though)

Re: Fourth printing discussion thread

Postby Jason Coplen » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:38 pm

I was skimming through the Core Rules for S&W and you forgot to add ",to green" before ",to blue" under the Prismatic Sphere description on page 63. :)

If I catch any more while looking I'll check here to make sure someone hasn't already notified you before I mention it.
Jason Coplen
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:22 pm
Location: Jackson, MI

Re: Fourth printing discussion thread

Postby Jason Coplen » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:51 am

At the bottom left column, last paragraph on page 18 for multi-classed characters it says they don't get experience bonuses for attribute scores. Page 25 second paragraph from the bottom (left column) says "Some multi-classed characters do not recieve..."

Which is right? I'm assuming page 18, with page 25 being a typo (additional word at the start of the sentence).

I'm slowly making my way throug it, so if I see any more...LOL
Jason Coplen
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:22 pm
Location: Jackson, MI

Re: Fourth printing discussion thread

Postby Mythmere » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:23 pm

Jason Coplen wrote:At the bottom left column, last paragraph on page 18 for multi-classed characters it says they don't get experience bonuses for attribute scores. Page 25 second paragraph from the bottom (left column) says "Some multi-classed characters do not recieve..."

Which is right? I'm assuming page 18, with page 25 being a typo (additional word at the start of the sentence).

I'm slowly making my way throug it, so if I see any more...LOL


None get an XP bonus, IIRC.I'd have to check, actually, because I haven't had a multi-class character show up in quite a while, except elves.
Mythmere
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4397
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:15 pm

Re: Fourth printing discussion thread

Postby Jason Coplen » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:14 pm

I didn't think they got a bonus, at least I wouldn't give them one. ;)
Jason Coplen
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:22 pm
Location: Jackson, MI

Re: Fourth printing discussion thread

Postby Jason Coplen » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:25 am

Page 47 - The header for Level 8 spells and level 9 spells are bolded instead of the blue color the rest of them are. I'm not sure if this was done on purpose because you actually limit spell levels or make huge to dos about them.
Jason Coplen
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:22 pm
Location: Jackson, MI

Re: Fourth printing discussion thread

Postby Mythmere » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:18 pm

Jason Coplen wrote:Page 47 - The header for Level 8 spells and level 9 spells are bolded instead of the blue color the rest of them are. I'm not sure if this was done on purpose because you actually limit spell levels or make huge to dos about them.


No, that's a bug, not a feature. Otherwise the 6-7 level cleric spells would also have been distinguished. I don't know how that happened.
Mythmere
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4397
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:15 pm

Re: Fourth printing discussion thread

Postby Jason Coplen » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Sorry, Matt. I didn't mean to find minor editing errors and glitches. :o

But on page 58 Meteor Swarm looks like it could use a slight touch up to let newbies know that the damage is per ball of fire. I know the damage is per ball of fire, but the rules don't state it clearly.

As a side note: I haven't been looking at any of my D&D stuff, only S&W. I'm taking a totally fresh look at it, so I might bring up stuff I don't remember if it's worded poorly or anything of the sort. It's been a while since I looked really closely at any D&D styled game.
Jason Coplen
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:22 pm
Location: Jackson, MI

Re: Fourth printing discussion thread

Postby foxroe » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:11 am

Mythmere wrote:
Jason Coplen wrote:Page 47 - The header for Level 8 spells and level 9 spells are bolded instead of the blue color the rest of them are. I'm not sure if this was done on purpose because you actually limit spell levels or make huge to dos about them.


No, that's a bug, not a feature. Otherwise the 6-7 level cleric spells would also have been distinguished. I don't know how that happened.


Yeesh, my eyes are getting old. I can't even tell there's a difference unless I zoom way in (PDF). Is it more obvious in the print version (don't have one yet :oops: )? I had assumed that the print version interiors were grayscale and not colored.
-=========}=@ Fox @={=========-
foxroe
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:37 pm
Location: Miskatonic U

Re: Fourth printing discussion thread

Postby foxroe » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:46 am

Jason Coplen wrote:Sorry, Matt. I didn't mean to find minor editing errors and glitches. :o

But on page 58 Meteor Swarm looks like it could use a slight touch up to let newbies know that the damage is per ball of fire. I know the damage is per ball of fire, but the rules don't state it clearly.

As a side note: I haven't been looking at any of my D&D stuff, only S&W. I'm taking a totally fresh look at it, so I might bring up stuff I don't remember if it's worded poorly or anything of the sort. It's been a while since I looked really closely at any D&D styled game.


And technically, the 8 fireballs should be of 10-foot radius, not diameter.

But realistically, how often is a character going to be of a high enough level to cast this? And if they're lucky enough to find it on a scroll before then, chances are they'll be using it against monsters that will essentially be wiped out by it (unless you're unlucky and roll all 1's for damage, and the monsters all make their saves :shock: ). So, it would just end up being a big hand-wave for the DM anyway.

EDIT: Hmmm... that sounded kind of snarky. That wasn't my intent. Sorry 'bout that. :oops:
-=========}=@ Fox @={=========-
foxroe
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:37 pm
Location: Miskatonic U

Re: Fourth printing discussion thread

Postby Jason Coplen » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:51 pm

foxroe wrote:
Jason Coplen wrote:Sorry, Matt. I didn't mean to find minor editing errors and glitches. :o

But on page 58 Meteor Swarm looks like it could use a slight touch up to let newbies know that the damage is per ball of fire. I know the damage is per ball of fire, but the rules don't state it clearly.

As a side note: I haven't been looking at any of my D&D stuff, only S&W. I'm taking a totally fresh look at it, so I might bring up stuff I don't remember if it's worded poorly or anything of the sort. It's been a while since I looked really closely at any D&D styled game.


And technically, the 8 fireballs should be of 10-foot radius, not diameter.

But realistically, how often is a character going to be of a high enough level to cast this? And if they're lucky enough to find it on a scroll before then, chances are they'll be using it against monsters that will essentially be wiped out by it (unless you're unlucky and roll all 1's for damage, and the monsters all make their saves :shock: ). So, it would just end up being a big hand-wave for the DM anyway.

EDIT: Hmmm... that sounded kind of snarky. That wasn't my intent. Sorry 'bout that. :oops:


Nobody in my games gets that powerful these days. My days of high level campaigning ended after doing a high level campaign and going - man, the story was cool, but the fights took too damned long! :lol:

You didn't come across as snarky to me. Heck, I'm glad someone caught a mistake I missed. I'm sure I'll miss something else. I just read through it, and when something smacks me in the face, I come report it.

This stuff will hopefully help Matt out for a future printing; not to mention the bonus of giving him a headache! :shock: :lol:
Jason Coplen
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:22 pm
Location: Jackson, MI

PreviousNext

Return to Swords & Wizardry Core Rules

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests