(One-Page City) Samurbia, City of Scheming Swords

Discussion of supplements and resources, whether fan-created or professional, free or for sale. Include any reviews here, too!

Re: (One-Page City) Samurbia, City of Scheming Swords

Postby Grim » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:35 pm

Freakin' Sweet!
The Outlook is Grim

Mythrus Tower:
Walrus Scumboot - Human Fighting Man (DEAD)
Juju Eyeball - Human Fighting Man (Retired - Level 3)
Grim

Postby JR Johnson » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:01 am

Grim wrote:Freakin' Sweet!

I concur :)
JR Johnson

Postby Telecanter » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:27 am

JR Johnson wrote:I'm trying to overcome this with my own city by building it as a series of districts, where I treat each district in the same kind of way I'd deal with a Dungeon level. I've been helped in this by a piece of artwork from an old issue of White Dwarf, a lovely piece of work that showed a fantasy city built into the side of a mountain. What interested me was that the city was made up of separate areas linked by paths and bridges. I've stolen this idea, imagining my mega-dungeon being inside the mountain, and the city outside. The players start off in the Lower Ports district (the Cities equivalent of the 1st level of the dungeon). There are ways out of the district that lead to the sewers and my mega-dungeon, but also to the Upper Ports and other 'levels' of the city. This has allowed me to focus the Lower Ports on low level parties, while the upper levels of the city can provide increasingly greater challenges. In a nutshell, it's megadungeon design meets city design.

I've been trying to figure out how to situate my own megadungeon and this sounds like a really nice solution. I'd love to see it. Or even the picture from the White Dwarf.
Telecanter

Postby Geordie Racer » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:37 am

I've taken Samurbia and High Anaptus PDFs offline to work on them a bit more. Mahtuga is still downloadable though. I'm going to bundle them all together with a fourth city over the next week, all in one big PDF with players maps. Make them easier to find.
prole art threat
Geordie Racer

Postby Grim » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:44 pm

Geordie Racer wrote:I've taken Samurbia and High Anaptus PDFs offline to work on them a bit more. Mahtuga is still downloadable though. I'm going to bundle them all together with a fourth city over the next week, all in one big PDF with players maps. Make them easier to find.

Nice! I intend to place all of them into my campaign world somewhere :)
The Outlook is Grim

Mythrus Tower:
Walrus Scumboot - Human Fighting Man (DEAD)
Juju Eyeball - Human Fighting Man (Retired - Level 3)
Grim

Postby Geordie Racer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:15 pm

All four cities are now available here
prole art threat
Geordie Racer

Previous

Return to Resources, Products and Supplements