5/4/09 God, I love gaming!

A place where I can ramble about this and that without flooding the rest of the boards.

5/4/09 God, I love gaming!

Postby Mythmere » Mon May 04, 2009 7:48 am

It should really go into the Campaign Journals part of the forum, but I'll just mention that we were gaming last night in Philotomy's campaign. Our brave heroes ventured once again into the deeps of Cromlech Tor. First we explored a bit of the first level, just extending our map a little more. Despite the fact we were checking for pit traps, one got us, dropping Stephen's fighter with the unpronouncable name and also catching Grim's cleric. No one was killed, but we needed to head back because they were both pretty messed up. On the way we got the drop on a bunch of the Olmec warriors and nuked them from space with a sleep spell. We also took out an invisible evil-elf magic-user with a single shot. Nothing but net (the dice were our friends once again). My magic user now wears one of the bone Aztec feather-bonnets.

The second expedition is where the guns came out in a grudge match against the serpent men on the second level. We went in with a mule, a battering ram, and an actual plan.

Monster ass was kicked, but the total monetary take was only 8gp. And it cost us 500gp to get the fighter healed up. We gave the 8gp to the hirelings for beer.

But the serpent men are really weak now. Next session will be treasure and experience galore, as we finish them off and turn our eyes to the rest of the second level we haven't explored yet.

God, I love gaming!
Mythmere
Site Admin

Re: 5/4/09 God, I love gaming!

Postby Grim » Mon May 04, 2009 8:43 am

I'm dubbing the second level "Omlette-Tor". :twisted:
The Outlook is Grim

Mythrus Tower:
Walrus Scumboot - Human Fighting Man (DEAD)
Juju Eyeball - Human Fighting Man (Retired - Level 3)
Grim

Postby The Red Priest » Mon May 04, 2009 8:44 am

Mythmere wrote:But the serpent men are really weak now. Next session will be treasure and experience galore, as we finish them off and turn our eyes to the rest of the second level we haven't explored yet.

That's exactly the type of trap I'd set for my players. :twisted:
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." - Bill Cosby
The Red Priest

Postby Lord Kilgore » Mon May 04, 2009 9:18 am

The Red Priest wrote:
Mythmere wrote:But the serpent men are really weak now. Next session will be treasure and experience galore, as we finish them off and turn our eyes to the rest of the second level we haven't explored yet.

That's exactly the type of trap I'd set for my players. :twisted:

Agreed. I don't know the set-up in this place, but in my dungeons when the party falls back to town to rest and rearm, the goblins aren't just sitting around licking wounds and waiting to be finished off. They're pulling in patrols and raiding parties, getting reinforcements if possible, and setting up barricades and ambushes. Maybe making a deal with that orc tribe they've been clashing with in an attempt to unite for the common bad against a powerful party. If they "go off into the night" it won't be quietly.
Lord Kilgore was last seen entering the Lost Caverns some years ago...
Lord Kilgore

Postby The Red Priest » Mon May 04, 2009 9:42 am

Lord Kilgore, can't you just tell from the swaggering style of the OP that this a bunch that can't help but boast of their accomplishments back at the inn? How wonderful an opportunity this presents for a smart, sly evil-type to offer his services to the serpent men. Rendered, of course, for a "small" ;) share of their loot. Certainly, much less of a share than certain death by a band of vainglorious thieves; murdering their way to riches.

8-)
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." - Bill Cosby
The Red Priest

Postby Lord Kilgore » Mon May 04, 2009 9:55 am

The Red Priest wrote:How wonderful an opportunity this presents for a smart, sly evil-type to offer his services to the serpent men. Rendered, of course, for a "small" ;) share of their loot. Certainly, much less of a share than certain death by a band of vainglorious thieves; murdering their way to riches.

That is devious, dastardly, and far, far beyond the pale.

I like it.
Lord Kilgore was last seen entering the Lost Caverns some years ago...
Lord Kilgore

Postby Mythmere » Mon May 04, 2009 10:16 am

Totally swaggering. I went into the inn wearing a captured Aztec headdress, paid our hirelings in front of everyone, and then bought beers for the whole inn.

If you're going to be outnumbered, outclassed, and outgunned, be outnumbered, outclassed and outgunned with STYLE. :D

Also, we have a whole ton of tactical knowledge about the battleground, gained in the three past expeditions. So I can take them out and wear a cool hat at the same time. 8-)
Mythmere
Site Admin

Postby Grim » Mon May 04, 2009 10:21 am

Plus our hirelings are pretty much killing machines. They roll 20's when attacking invisible foes. 8-)
The Outlook is Grim

Mythrus Tower:
Grim

Postby bat » Mon May 04, 2009 10:22 am

It sounds like they are going to have to butter your head to get you through the doors of the inn when you leave. You might want to just hold onto your cool hat until you get outside and wash off the butter...
Ancient Vaults & Eldritch Secrets blog
Sans la colère. Sans la haine. Et sans la pitié.
bat

Postby Grim » Mon May 04, 2009 10:26 am

bat wrote:It sounds like they are going to have to butter your head to get you through the doors of the inn when you leave. You might want to just hold onto your cool hat until you get outside and wash off the butter...

They already had to widen the doors because of the awesome wings on my helmet.
The Outlook is Grim

Mythrus Tower:
Grim

Next

Return to Ye "Blog"