5/4/09 God, I love gaming!

A place where I can ramble about this and that without flooding the rest of the boards.

Re: 5/4/09 God, I love gaming!

Postby bat » Mon May 04, 2009 10:28 am

I think I need to talk to Philotomy. It seems like he is letting his players run rampant and needs to reel them in as soon as possible. A bunch of dangerous miscreants running amok need to be cut down to size immediately!
Ancient Vaults & Eldritch Secrets blog
Sans la colère. Sans la haine. Et sans la pitié.
bat

Postby Grim » Mon May 04, 2009 10:30 am

He already has us under aerial surveillance. We're investing in a ballista ASAP.
The Outlook is Grim

Mythrus Tower:
Walrus Scumboot - Human Fighting Man (DEAD)
Juju Eyeball - Human Fighting Man (Retired - Level 3)
Grim

Postby Lord Kilgore » Mon May 04, 2009 11:17 am

bat wrote:I think I need to talk to Philotomy. It seems like he is letting his players run rampant

Yeah. Right. That's exactly how I'd imagine Philotomy to run things. :lol:

As to the "God, I love gaming!" though, don't you just love it when a plan comes together? Nothing like bashing a few heads and washing it all down with a bunch of ales to make all seem good in the world.
Lord Kilgore was last seen entering the Lost Caverns some years ago...
Lord Kilgore

Postby bat » Mon May 04, 2009 11:37 am

Lord Kilgore wrote:
bat wrote:I think I need to talk to Philotomy. It seems like he is letting his players run rampant

As to the "God, I love gaming!" though, don't you just love it when a plan comes together? Nothing like bashing a few heads and washing it all down with a bunch of ales to make all seem good in the world.

I would have thought Philotomy to be level-headed and reasonable, but seeing all of this really makes me wonder.

I am all for bashing a few heads every so often and having a good drink up afterwards, but in an rpg?
bat

Postby Grim » Mon May 04, 2009 11:48 am

PJ makes sure we know when we've made a mistake, don't worry about that. :D
The Outlook is Grim

Mythrus Tower:
Walrus Scumboot - Human Fighting Man (DEAD)
Juju Eyeball - Human Fighting Man (Retired - Level 3)
Grim

Postby Mythmere » Mon May 04, 2009 11:54 am

bat wrote:
Lord Kilgore wrote:

I would have thought Philotomy to be level-headed and reasonable, but seeing all of this really makes me wonder.

I am all for bashing a few heads every so often and having a good drink up afterwards, but in an rpg?

In all truth, we have had INCREDIBLE luck with die rolls so far. I have rolled three saving throws in this campaign: an 18, a 19, and a 20. We had a hireling who never missed a to-hit roll until he rolled a 20 simultaneously with a giant spider who also hit and poisoned him. As Grim mentioned, we rolled a 20 against an invisible opponent who was opening a door.

And we've played well, too: the invisible guy was trying to split specifically because we had seen a clue and were sweeping the room with a swung rope LOOKING for an invisible person trying to hide.

Plus, there's a method to my madness. Everyone knows the flamboyant robe and face-concealing headdress the party's magic user wears. No one would question that the person wearing those clothes is the party's magic user. Does that spark an "oh, I get it" with anyone?
Mythmere
Site Admin

Postby bat » Mon May 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Hmmm, it still sounds like a bit of head buttering will need to happen to get the characters out of the inn.

In all seriousness, it sounds like a fun game and I am glad that you all are enjoying it so much.
bat

Postby ivee » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:28 am

For this topic all i can say i was very addicted games but not just simply games..but those games which rock those veins in so many aspects,
ivee

Previous

Return to Ye "Blog"