6/04/09 Off to Dallas

A place where I can ramble about this and that without flooding the rest of the boards.

Re: 6/04/09 Off to Dallas

Postby Mythmere » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:07 pm

Mike, how do I set up doing a sponsorship thing for the con next year? Is that ridiculously premature at this point, or does it help to have sponsors lined up early?

Also, which one of you guys does event management? This con moved like clockwork - I have seen weddings organized by pros work less smoothly. Is it Doug?
Mythmere
Site Admin

Re: 6/04/09 Off to Dallas

Postby Badmike » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:27 pm

Mythmere wrote:Mike, how do I set up doing a sponsorship thing for the con next year? Is that ridiculously premature at this point, or does it help to have sponsors lined up early?

Also, which one of you guys does event management? This con moved like clockwork - I have seen weddings organized by pros work less smoothly. Is it Doug?

Wow, that would actually be....me! Doug did pretty much everything else; I was the one that scheduled events, matched DMs to games, set up the room, placed games, etc. Of course it helped that 95% of the gamers and DMs were mature adults and veterans of many other cons (Gencon, etc) and could pretty much police themselves. But I do appreciate the complement! And like I say, Doug did everything else, from booking the hotel, to getting the guests in place and set up, to buying the snacks and sodas, setting up the bus rides, the BBQ, tour, breakfast, etc. My job is generally to be the guy to have ideas and such bounced off of and to shoot down some more of the over the top plans of Doug ("No, Doug, we CANNOT have a game of OD&D in a hot air balloon over the metroplex....")

That being said a lot of it will be automated next year, by necessity, when you get more than 60+ people doing it all by hand is not the way to go. But I will again be intimately involved in the process.

Doug would have info on the sponsorship; I don't know if we are committing to anything this early, but there is no reason to not think ahead. We would love for you and S&W to be a big part of the con next year; one of the things Doug and I agree on is loyalty to those that were there at the beginning. Those that showed up and supported us this year (and, believe it or not, there were those who specifically did NOT help us out even after being asked) will definitely be in the catbird's seat when it comes to having prime positions for games, sponsorships, areas to sell their product, etc next year and in year's to come. This thing isn't about making money, so really, we can't be bought (well, maybe just a little.... :D )

Mike B.
Badmike

NTRPGCon - 2010

Postby GameMaster » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:21 pm

GameMaster

Previous

Return to Ye "Blog"