8/11/09 Politeness and Popularity...

A place where I can ramble about this and that without flooding the rest of the boards.

Re: 8/11/09 Politeness and Popularity...

Postby TheRavyn » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Matthew wrote:
Mythmere wrote:Over on the TLG boards, I've had some fascinating things said about me on a thread that's apparently been deleted. My two attempts to respond to the character assassination were also both deleted.

Treebore says that I've been calling people c-tards (I haven't, and I'd love to see him back that up), and Sieg says that this must be the reason I didn't seek him out at the NTRPGcon to say hi (I didn't know he was there, or I would have).

I'd provide the quotes, but as I mentioned, the thread is now gone. What's fascinating is to see people talking about unity while spouting the most virulent poison they can. These are both people I thought I counted as friends, but obviously not.

I read that thread, and I wouldn't worry about it. Probably just a misunderstanding between the three of you. I think Treebore specifically said that he thought you referred to him as a C-Tard, not people in general (though one could draw that inference). Obviously, both guys feel slighted in some way, but I do not think that is anything that cannot be overcome by means of the above explanation and a brief discourse.

From my experience on a couple of other boards, Treebore does have a tendency to take the most innocent comment as an inexcusable insult, though he seems an affable enough guy otherwise(Treebore will respond angrily to this post in 10...9....8....) ;)
Beyond the Black Gate - Yer old-school gaming blog!

Vive le SWidiots!
TheRavyn

Postby TheRavyn » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:14 pm

The Red Priest wrote:AFAIK, 3tard, ctard & 4ron are not blanket labels for all players of 3ed, C&C and 4e, but they are terms reserved for a special type of advocate of their respective games.

"O/AD&D is/are broken and my game fixes all that."
    "Get with the times gramps, my game is obviously superior. (Sometimes a "proof" is given, sometimes not)
    "OSR/Old School is all about nostalgia."

Obviously, some people use the xtard label liberally, but that goes for any type of label, no? LIke grognard = arrogant, bearded old fart. Okay, maybe that applies to me, but it surely doesn't apply to everyone that uses "the old ways." :ugeek:

I hereby declare us all SWidiots. :D

Vive le SWidiots!
TheRavyn

Postby Mythmere » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:18 pm

I sent Treebore a PM over at Dragonsfoot to see if he wants to back up what he said. For all I know, maybe there's a post out there where I use the word "c-tard." If he turns out to have no backing for what he said, though, just making unfounded accusations for the hell of it, then I'm pretty damn pissed. Especially since his post caused Sieg to decide I'd snubbed him at NTRPGCon, when actually I didn't know he was there to meet.
Mythmere
Site Admin

Postby The Venomous Pao » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:18 pm

TheRavyn wrote:I hereby declare us all SWidiots. :D

I love it.

Also, why can I not make the "quote" command work as "quoth" when I'm quoting you, Ravyn? :)
Contributing Author
Minotaur (Not Quarterly) #s 1-4 | Swords & Wizardry Monster Book | Knockspell #s 3 & 5
Old School, New School, And Other Bloggy Bits at: Strange Stones
The Venomous Pao

Postby Arminath » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:20 pm

quoth TheRavyn wrote:I hereby declare us all SWidiots. :D

I was actually warming up to '0e-tard' myself, but whatever makes a better sound (write?) byte works for me.

:ugeek:
World of Onn: Core Rules NOW AVAILABLE IN HARDCOVER at:
Fantasy Adventure Studios/Rogue Ranger Games

My blog - World of Onn
Arminath

Postby TheRavyn » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:20 pm

The Venomous Pao wrote:

I love it.

Also, why can I not make the "quote" command work as "quoth" when I'm quoting you, Ravyn? :)

Must master Olde English HTML. ;)

Vive le SWidiots!
TheRavyn

Postby ragnorakk » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:41 am

This seems the appropriate thread to say that everyone likes me more than you and that my game is better than yours. Thanks.
"I want to be in Kentucky when the end of the world comes, because it's always 20 years behind" - Mark Twain
ragnorakk

Postby The Red Priest » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:05 am

I'll remember that for whenever the O/AD&D bashing begins. :twisted:
"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." - Bill Cosby
The Red Priest

Postby Spike » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:55 am

Hahaha reading through the list of bad names for our folks..having a good laugh. SWanker really cracks me up.

I'm adding in my $.02

SWhackoffs
RetroTards

Note there is no bad word for 2nd ed players. It would seem "2 ed player" pretty much covers all derogatory bases. :D :D

*dodges sticks, stones and mortar shells*
Spike

Postby The Venomous Pao » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:00 am

TheRavyn wrote:
The Venomous Pao wrote:

I love it.

Must master Olde English HTML. ;)

Code: Select all
<oehtml>
<heade>
<tytle>Quoth TheRavyn</tytle>
</heade>

<bodde>
<HeaderTheFirste>Quoth TheRavyn</HeaderTheFirste>

<p>I hereby declare us all SWidiots.</p>

</bodde>
</oehtml>

That's probably closer to BS than Old (or even MIddle) English, but hey, I tried. :)

Oh, and Spike, I've heard 2pid for the 2e players. So no one is safe :)
Contributing Author
Minotaur (Not Quarterly) #s 1-4 | Swords & Wizardry Monster Book | Knockspell #s 3 & 5
Old School, New School, And Other Bloggy Bits at: Strange Stones
The Venomous Pao

PreviousNext

Return to Ye "Blog"