1/01/09 The Halloween Report

A place where I can ramble about this and that without flooding the rest of the boards.

Re: 1/01/09 The Halloween Report

Postby chgowiz » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:26 am

Melan wrote:The war on Christmas is fact: it is perpetrated on the defenceless public by unscrupulous shopping centres and other commercial venues which blast their visitors with "holiday cheer" and "Christmas music" from early November and on. Thus, not content to have turned a family holiday into a collective prostration before the idol of the demon prince Mammon (which, as an economist, I must grudgingly approve of), they also seek to dilute the spirit of Christmas into meaninglessness while lining their own pockets! If that isn't war, what could be? 8-)

Uhhh... who are we at war with? :lol: :twisted:
chgowiz

Postby Mythmere » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:32 am

chgowiz wrote:
Melan wrote:The war on Christmas is fact: it is perpetrated on the defenceless public by unscrupulous shopping centres and other commercial venues which blast their visitors with "holiday cheer" and "Christmas music" from early November and on. Thus, not content to have turned a family holiday into a collective prostration before the idol of the demon prince Mammon (which, as an economist, I must grudgingly approve of), they also seek to dilute the spirit of Christmas into meaninglessness while lining their own pockets! If that isn't war, what could be? 8-)

Uhhh... who are we at war with? :lol: :twisted:

Hothior and Juluute Wolfheart!

(sorry, sudden Divine Right flashback).
(great game).
Mythmere
Site Admin

Postby chgowiz » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:36 am

Mythmere wrote:
chgowiz wrote:Uhhh... who are we at war with? :lol: :twisted:
Hothior and Juluute Wolfheart!
(sorry, sudden Divine Right flashback).