White Box (Heroes) PbP Interest

A place where I can ramble about this and that without flooding the rest of the boards.

White Box (Heroes) PbP Interest

Postby coach_k » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:29 am

I would like to solicit input and interest in a short play-by-post game using S&W White Box (and with the option of including the White Box Heroes set). The environment would be a simple dungeon crawl to playtest some general ideas and utility of several charts, tables, etc. I have wanted to use. Secondly, I would like to see what the Illusionist and others can do. I expect the thief class would be okay to use for its trap-finding abilities, as long as this option were not used by a whole party of thieves (although... :twisted: ) or abused by a player. I might like to use rpol.net for the game, if we have enough interest. The commitment would be about a post-per-day, over about a month's time: I have a simple dungeon with about 30 rooms/encounters set, and don't anticipate doing more for the purposes of the experiment. This scope should give a general time commitment (hopefully?).
Thanks in advance!
coach_k

Re: White Box (Heroes) PbP Interest

Postby coach_k » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:09 pm

Perhaps, more specifically, I wanted to use a lot of the randomization and vibe from Goodman Games', "The Dungeon Alphabet." This idea explains the ~30 (read: 26) encounters or situations or just plain crazy things I had hoped to place in the game. I also liked some of the character class and races in some supplemental WB material. Hopefully, this inclusion may help people make a more informed choice about their participation in a possible game. Thanks in advance.
coach_k

Postby MightyCthulhu » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:03 pm

Sounds like fun!
MightyCthulhu

Postby coach_k » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:10 pm

MightyCthulhu wrote:Sounds like fun!

Fantastic, and I like your enthusiasm. Regarding the WB Heroes options, did any strike your fancy to play?
coach_k

Postby MightyCthulhu » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:02 am

I'll play whatever. When can we start?
MightyCthulhu

Postby coach_k » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:00 pm

I'd like to have at least two others' interests before starting. Once we have players declaration, we could begin character roll-ups and start game play within a week, I think.

My hopes would be for something kinda fun, maybe an illusionist (gnome?), a half-orc assassin, and maybe even a monk might make for an eclectic band of former ruffians who see problems looming larger than they are.
:idea: Before death, these heroes joined together to make life better for just one more person, if just for one more day. Otherwise, they realize how good they are at pillaging and murder, and just how not having one or the other activities draw a tear into their Cheerios. :twisted:

Question: How about I make a few sample PCs, post them, and see if it generates more traffic or interest? My goal will be to have this done by Friday, April the 9th by noon.

It's a dungeon crawl. Characters may die. I want to playtest the WB Heroes characters, and the Dungeon Alphabet random tables.
coach_k

Re: White Box (Heroes) PbP Interest w/ R&R

Postby coach_k » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:07 pm

http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=41446&date=1272063614

This is the location for the WB/Ruins & Ronin site for play-by-post at rpol.net. Thanks!
coach_k

Postby ivee » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:42 am

nOT JUST FuN but so much fun and im very interesting for this one ;)
ivee

Return to Ye "Blog"