Looking for Final Suggestions on Complete Rules

Re: Looking for Final Suggestions on Complete Rules

Postby robertsconley » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Baron Opal wrote:Interestingly, I was planning on using one of Rob's maps for this campaign, perhaps even Southland. Which one has the town in the middle of the swamp? That's where they'll be starting.

Naspers in Wildland? The one with the golem as defenders? Castle Westguard is in Southland and is next to a swamp.

Good to see PoL setting getting some use.

Rob
robertsconley

Postby Mythmere » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:09 pm

Here's the basic scoop, though I may have forgotten something:
Siege rules
Aerial combat
Mass combat (already there)
Naval combat

Order of combat - splits movement and attacks, but very close to Core Rules
Holmes Basic order of combat as an option
Eldritch Wizardry order of battle method (revised) as an option (rotating initiative based on what characters are wearing and doing)
Core Rules order of combat as option

More descriptions of things like wolfsbane
Wilderness adventuring, including getting lost, and monster encounter tables
Dungeon encounter charts now have specific monsters instead of just a CL listing
Dungeon encounter charts can also be used to generate mixes of different monsters (the orcs have a pet gelatinous cube! Run!)

No more wild boards in the monster listing

Building strongholds - prices for walls and keeps and such

Original saving throw numbers are listed as a chart in a side-box in case people want to use those.

Can't remember what else.
Mythmere
Site Admin

Postby GreyKat » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:44 pm

GreyKat

Postby MachFront » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:11 pm

Mythmere wrote:Original saving throw numbers are listed as a chart in a side-box in case people want to use those.

As in the original saves and categories or the original S&W single numbers that were all messed up and made the fighter the worst at everything?
MachFront

Postby Mythmere » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:32 pm

MachFront wrote:
Mythmere wrote:Original saving throw numbers are listed as a chart in a side-box in case people want to use those.

As in the original saves and categories or the original S&W single numbers that were all messed up and made the fighter the worst at everything?

:P The OD&D ones.
Mythmere
Site Admin

Postby eandresc » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:07 am

I didn't know a thing about these "Complete Rules", and I can't find a thread that explains the whole thing. I'm kinda lost, help? :D
eandresc

Postby Mythmere » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:28 am

eandresc wrote:I didn't know a thing about these "Complete Rules", and I can't find a thread that explains the whole thing. I'm kinda lost, help? :D

The announcement was sort of hidden in other threads - here is the relevant part of the press release:
August 24, 2010 - Poulsbo WA

Frog God Games, the successor to Necromancer Games, is pleased to announce that effective immediately, Mythmere Games, headed by award-winning author Matt Finch, will be joining up with the Frog God Publishing team to produce even more of the true old-school gaming resources that Necromancer Games and Frog God Games have always been known for.

[snip - me saying PR stuff]

As a result of this merger, Frog God Games will be publishing the Complete version of the old school, ENnie Award-winning Swords & Wizardry™ fantasy role-playing game, which will be released in November.

The Complete Rules are mainly just the 0e rules looking at all the supplements, so there is a thief class, ranger, paladin, etc. More optional material for order-of-combat is included, rules for naval warfare, and all the other additions mentioned above in the thread. Core Rules are still a supported game for playing the three archetypal classes, but lots of people wanted a more complete picture of 0e than the Core Rules provided. The Core Rules are admittedly an odd snapshot since they use only the WhiteBox classes, but use other "later" material that came from books with additional classes beyond the original three. The Complete Rules don't mix and match the time frames; it's all there.
Mythmere
Site Admin

Postby eandresc » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Right,thank you very much. :)

I'm guessing that it's not going to be released as a free PDF like CR, right?
eandresc

Postby Akrasia » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:44 am

Looks excellent! :D
My S&W Blog, "Akratic Wizardry": http://akraticwizardry.blogspot.com/
My 'swords & sorcery' house rules for S&W: http://enrill.net/documents/akratic-wizardry.pdf
Akrasia

Postby Ravenheart87 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:58 am

eandresc wrote:Right,thank you very much. :)

I'm guessing that it's not going to be released as a free PDF like CR, right?

From the homepage of Frog God Games:

Estimated Retail Price: $39.99, limited edition signed, numbered, hardcover (100 copies) and pdf, $19.99 perfect bound softcover and pdf (200 copies only of the first printing), $9.99, pdf only.
Ravenheart87

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion